At the cabin, on the lake, or on a hike, keep this tabbed booklet close at hand. Based on Stan Tekiela’s best-selling bird field guides, the booklet features all 34 raptors found in the Midwestern states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. Species are organized by group for quick and easy bird identification. Narrow your choices by such groups as eagles, hawks, or owls (based on Stan’s general characteristics); then view detailed photographs of just a few birds at a time. The pocket-sized format is much easier to use than laminated foldouts, and the tear-resistant pages help to make the booklet durable in the field.
- Pocket-sized format—easier than laminated foldouts
- Tear-resistant durability
- Professional photos showing key markings
- Supplemental juvenile and flight photographs
- Illustrations and sizes for quick comparison
- Based on Stan Tekiela’s best-selling bird field guides