Learn to identify raptors, and make bird-watching even more enjoyable. With Stan Tekiela’s famous field guide, bird identification is simple and informative. This book features 34 species―including every species of raptor found in the Midwest. For ease of use, the guide is organized by group: hawks, eagles, falcons, kites, vultures, and owls. So when you see a bird of prey, you can determine its group by common visual characteristics. Then turn to the corresponding section to find out what it is!
- Only Midwestern birds of prey: every raptor species found in the Midwest
- Organized for efficient use: species organized by group, then size from smallest to largest
- Fact-filled information: accessible for beginners but informative for more experienced birders
- Stunning photos: professional-quality sharpness and detail
- Stan’s Notes: naturalist information and interesting facts not found in other guides
- Quick-Compare section: sketches, silhouettes, and photos for side-by-side comparisons