Did you know there are 77 kinds of snakes, frogs, toads, salamanders, turtles, and even lizards in the Western Great Lakes States? This includes two species of rattlesnakes! Herpetologist Allen Blake Sheldon introduces all 77 species and subspecies, and he teaches you how to identify them. Hundreds of full-color photos and detailed illustrations help to ensure that you make accurate identifications, and useful text—including the author’s nature notes—familiarize you with these fascinating critters.
- All 77 species of herps found in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan
- An innovative format that makes field identification a snap
- Detailed life cycle illustrations
- Comparison charts of turtle hatchlings, frog tadpoles, and salamander larvae
- Detailed range maps for all species
- More than 250 color photos